Saturday, December 18, 2010

wow....

I've been gone for a while...oops. Hi! Ummm so I'm a full fledged Investigator with a caseload that's growing every day. I love Investigations and don't want to go anywhere else. I have my first removal this coming week and appeared in court last week for the first time. I got this super cute faux black and white leopard print wrap dress and wore it to Juvie court, I'm standing there praying to god the judge keeps this girl one more week so I'll have ample time to find somewhere suitable for her to go so she doesn't immediately run away and I'm sweating bullets. They kept her, I'll get her this week and maybe she won't be aggressive towards me. Of course I'll ask her if she enjoyed being in Juvie and if she says no then I'll advise her that if she runs away or attacks me I'll make sure she goes back and stays for longer than 3 weeks.

No news on the guy front, they come and go. The Persian Trainer is still around tho, he's fun. I did have a tragedy yesterday in my car. My car that I love, my beautiful muscle car, I backed into the end post of a chain link fence and it has a dent and scratch to the back drivers side corner. My fault, I was talking to my supervisor on the phone about my upcoming removal from a mom that has 38 or 39 arrests, she can't recall. Totally distracted. Meh.

I am quite excited because I'm paying all my bills and still have extra cash. I have been struggling and depriving myself for years and now I have money after paying bills. YAY! I don't feel as stressed as I used to *well sometimes I do but I think that's because I get an Venti Iced red eye (coffee with an extra shot of espresso) with sweet and low and that's a crapton of caffeine* so yeah. My unit lost 2 investigators, they just up and quit so we are down to 4 of us. They are still totally bitchy and I have friends in 3 other units and every one of them asked me to come to their unit. We'll see how it works out. I really want to go back to the town I worked at the PD and be in the rural area.

Oh yeah, The Gay Husband is back, we've been talking every two weeks or so. Gracie can attest to this but I'm a little stubborn. OK, a lot stubborn. He called me about 2 weeks ago asking how work was going and we were chit chatting. We talked for about an hour and before he hung up he said he loves me. Same thing last night, slow and steady but I'm glad to have him back. He was telling stories to his friends about me when we worked on the ambulance. There's one about a girl pulling a knife on him and I get to destination and swing open the back doors and he had her trussed up like a thanksgiving turkey. Then the bendy straw incident where I was driving 80 mph with lights and sirens responding to an emergency complaining that I had to bend my head to get a drink and why didn't every restaurant have bendy straws. *He loves that one*, or him having to sedate a patient further because I was in rush hour traffic in a literal downpour trying to get across Dallas with a burn victim cussing because traffic was bad and I was in a rush and we were driving in the beginning stages of what turned out to be a flood.

Why do I always have jobs where I come out with the craziest war stories ever told.

1 comment:

  1. Because my dear. You are the Beav! Missed your posts but glad to see you back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete