Thursday, August 26, 2010

Viruses and Ickyness

Since Tuesday I've been feeling less than myself, going to sleep early, waaay less peppy, etc. Last night around midnight I was restless and sweaty and it came to me that I'm running a fever. I never run fevers, like hardy ever. So I get up and take some Tylenol and wake up every 2 hours after that, UGH! So I get dressed for work this morning knowing that I need to submit my case for closure and finish other odds and ends before I'm back in class all next week. By 10 AM I'm almost down for the count. The wonderful thing about not doing shift work anymore is that I don't have to almost throw up on some one's shoes to impress upon them the urgency of needing to go home. It was just that bad at my last place of employment. I actually had to go to work with pneumonia at one time. I, still being on probation, talk to my boss today and all she says is "send me an email and go home, I hope you feel better" *stunned* but not questioning. So I get home and sleep most of the afternoon away.

The Nurse calls this afternoon and I explain my symptoms to her because I'm totally unable to put my finger on just what is ailing me. It's almost cold-like and almost flu-like, so she's telling me about this virus that people are having the same symptoms and fevers with. TA-DA! I must have got it on my last trip to Dallas and the virus was incubating because my sister has the same exact thing. As of now I'm still tired but the fever is gone. I was starting to wonder if it was kid germs because me being a single woman with little contact with kids outside of work have no immune system for kid germs. So mom was talking to my sister earlier and it turns out that grandma was feeling poorly for a few days earlier in the month. It wasn't kid germs at all, it's old lady germs! Thanks Gma, sheesh! Although I still have awesomeness seeping out of my skin I'm still not back to my old self, but I'm getting closer with each dose of ibuprofen and decongestants!

No comments:

Post a Comment