Saturday, June 26, 2010

New Career, New Possibilities

So my new career starts on Monday morning, new employee orientation. I can only imagine how riveting orientation will be *insert eyeroll here hehe*. Something happened that has never happened before also, my new supervisor called me Friday around 2ish to welcome me to the unit and she's excited I'm joining...I was stunned! I have never had a supervisor call to welcome me beforehand, it actually makes me feel more excited. Plus I was asking if I was the only new hire to the unit because I knew there was 3 positions open and they interviewed 20 people. She mentioned that I must have been pretty good to get hired on those odds, HELLO...now I feel EVEN BETTER!
So with the new job and higher pay I've been thinking about a change in lifestyle. I've already tackled the stop smoking and start exercising next is the eating habits. A friend of mine has been doing The Eat-Clean Diet and she really likes it. Reading it I know it seems really rough but I remember giving up sugar before and I felt awesome, there are cheat days for the refined carbs and things, and the energy and feeling better would be great! The biggest hurdle of all for any eating plan is to realize that I'm only human and will occasionally eat bad. I will not beat myself up for falling off the wagon, just move on past it and continue on with life. I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to see if I can find this book and see what happens.
As Always,
The Beaverhausen

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the diet.... today is day 7 of my "lost 20 lbs in 60 days" whew what I would do for a bad of peanut M&Ms right now!

    ReplyDelete