So I drive to Dallas at the demand of my Grandma, I hardly ever drive up there anymore because every time I do there's drama and it makes the weekend feel like a big waste of time...true to form this weekend feels like a waste of time. I leave on the 4 hour drive to immediately hit traffic on 35 but ironically sail through Austin without so much as slowing down. I finally make it to the gay husband's house at almost 10:00 exhausted because I came straight from work and 2 days of legal training. My sister is calling and wanting me to go to a bar with her but when I tell her that I'm tired she's OK with it.
So I'm greeted by the gay husband and then he sits down to play World of Warcraft, really?!? Flashback to my marriage *eyeroll* OK so he continues to play until he's ready to go to bed, by this time I'm ready to sleep too. I wake up the next day and I get up and get dressed, starving because he has no food in his apartment. Again, starving. He leisurely strolls out after what seems like an eternity talking on the phone and going to look up stuff on the Internet. I keep pestering him saying "muscle milk is not food, need food"30 minutes later he's ready to go to McD's...bleh...I end up paying because he makes an excuse about having to get to his wallet and I'm starving.
He wants to go to the circus, fine, he purchases $24 tickets. I don't really have the flexible income to afford that but I went along. Afterwards we go out again for lunch (getting expensive now...) then I go spend hours with my grandma which was the purpose of the drive to begin with. We giggle we laugh we hang I'm happy she's happy it's good. My sister comes over and we talk some more and it's getting late. My sister and I decide to go get something to eat, I invite the gay husband along he picks Macaroni Grill...we go we eat we laugh the check comes and he wants me to pay for him because of the circus tickets?!? So the whole bill goes on my card but my sister gave me cash for her. I'm a caseworker for CPS, just got my first full check. He's a fraud investigator for a large company with a Masters degree and he's getting on me saying keep it cheap this weekend. My version of keeping it cheap is not going out, eating at home, not spending money! It was cheap for him because he made me pay for it all!!! He's saying he didn't know my financial situation, I say yes he did because I told him when he specifically asked earlier in the week. I pack up my stuff and go stay at my Aunt's house and got about 15 minutes sleep because her dogs barked every time I turned over.
I drive 4 hours home at 80 mph getting cut off by mini vans the whole way (I really dislike mini vans) to my mother allowing 6 extra people to stay here. 2 people, OK 3 people is kinda pushing it, but 6?!? 4 of these people are under the age of 16!!! My bathroom is a wreck, my bedroom is a wreck, I can't access the computer because their clothes and stuff are all over! Talk about invasion of personal space. I have to go now so I can clean and have my space in some semblance of order. If it wasn't for grandma, my sister, and my aunt's the weekend would be a total wash out.
Seriously, I would be fee-your-ious (that's "furious" for those of you who don't speak "Gracie with a touch of crazy accent".) Oh hell no. Mom should have known that at the very least, your room was off limits. That's your dwelling...it's where you store your underwear for pete's sake!! *GASP*...and ..."other" things!!!!!! I'd have blown a gasket, packed up another bag, given my mother evil laser eyes, and stormed out of the house en route to a cheap hotel for some peace and quiet...but not before making THE most rude comment I could muster about disgusting pigs and their heathens taking over MY personal space. Ew. Just ew. Honey, I'm sorry you had a funky weekend.
ReplyDeleteDang that really sucks, I guess I am missing the "gay husband" story... because there is NO WAY in HELL I would ever be "bargained" with paying for a man's dinner. Again maybe ya'll are just "friends" so its cool but it seems odd to me :+) but I am a bitch most days lol
ReplyDelete