Saturday, July 10, 2010

Asking for too much from men...

Is it really asking too much of a man that says he wants to spend time with me, to get to know me that he should take me out on a date? A little food, some conversation, and maybe a goodnight kiss instead of just jumping straight into bed? I will admit, I've had several very short lived "relationships" and even the relationship with the Persian Trainer is pretty much centered around sex, the difference with him is that he makes no bones about it and he offers to take me out to eat and I get conversation. The whole experience isn't completely empty.
There is a guy that has come around several times, not sure if he'll be named or not in this blog yet, and he is using the nice guy cover to make me a booty call. I am educated, I am perceptive, I know what he is after. People do not get together to talk and hang out late at night. If he would have said, "Meet me for coffee" totally different ballgame. He says, I wish we had a place to be alone (because neither of us live alone) and he always wants to meet late at night or early in the mornings. I'm not dumb, I know what he wants. There is no offer for a date of any sort and he always wants to be alone, but yet he always says he wants to talk and hang out with the sexual overtones. I am worth more than just sex! I was not as empowered in the past as I am now and I didn't always make guys work for it, sorry guys that train has left the station and it's time to put some effort into getting me in bed. No longer will I let myself feel cheap and used just to get some affection from the male species, I am the gate keeper, you can not enter without my permission.
That poor guy, he could really have some potential and if he doesn't straighten up he will miss out on the best part...me.
The Beaverhausen

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you... No way would I sleep with a man if he didn't spend the time getting to know me. If it's just sex well he'll I can do that alone if there isn't any love or feeling behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking this one, Beav. I have recently had my own "Come to Gracie" talk with myself about this very subject. You are totally worth much more than just skin alone.

    ReplyDelete