I have BSD (Basic Skills Development) class all this week and next week...I'm BORED! There's like 20ish other people in the class, most straight out of college and ready to jump in and help people. That's all well and good, but I learned way back when I was an EMT that you have to have some distance and separation between you and the client/patient/whatever. I'm awesome at that, in fact my OJT (On the Job Training) supervisor has already told me she can tell I'm an investigator all the way. These people in my class are talking about part of the caseworker role is educator, agreed but they were going into "we should teach them parenting skills and job skills and money management skills..." really...really, I mean....no really. Granted there are certain things that I should be able to teach the clients I come into contact with and share my knowledge. I'm all down with that, but hello...I can barely manage my money, let alone tell someone that is possibly unemployed and around the poverty line how to manage their money! Parenting skills, I don't got em but cat wrangling skills are a totally different story!
I also wanna know why...WHY my classmates can ask a zillion "what if" questions and squabble about every answer but I question the instructor once this morning and he accuses me of quibbling with him. Audibly, in front of the class names me and says "hang on, AB wants to quibble about one word", hey whatever dude a Lawyer would gladly rip that word apart and shove the pieces up your behind! I ALWAYS get labeled the girl that disagrees or argues just because I stand up for what I think is right. Meh, whatever I kinda enjoy it! I still wanna go back to my office, my mentor, and my UNIT!!!
Oh yeah, and yesterday before class we were all standing outside waiting for the building to be opened so we could start the day, I tried to strike up a conversation with this older heavy woman that is also going to be an investigator out of another office. Simple things like, so what office are you going to work out of and are you excited? She totally blew me off, like TOTALLY!!! This is the same woman that pipes up about EVERYTHING the trainer says, she always has a story *gag*. Gracie can tell you I'm a chatty person, that is how we met in the dispatching class, we just started chatting!!! Just wait old woman...the investigators will be by themselves when we go into the specialty track of the BSD training, you won't have all your little Family Based people or Conservatorship people to chat with...it'll be me, you, and 3 others that you don't talk to! I have a firm belief that people of like jobs should stick together. Not saying that we should completely ignore all other units and sections of caseworkers but, if I have a question I'll more than likely ask my fellow investigator. If I have a question about something family based or conservatorship I'll ask them. Still, I wanna go back to my office, my mentor, and MY UNIT!!!
Ugh,
The Beav
p.s. I'm still awesome by the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment