Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Kitchen

Back in October 2009 the house flooded and just was a mess for a few months while dealing with the insurance company. Mom fought and fought to get new cabinets for the kitchen and today we were able to start on the backsplash...I think it looks so grown up!

New custom made wood cabinets, granite counter top, new sink, new faucet, and the tumbled marble backsplash. Tomorrow we will apply the seal stuff and grout and ta da! The kitchen is the last part of the house that needed to get fixed. There is already new tile all over the house and walls painted, bathrooms fixed, and now the kitchen is almost done!

Oh yeah, in other news. I haven't seen the ex husband since the day he left. I filed for divorce and did all the paperwork and signed it all. I get anxious whenever I go into bookstores because that was one of his favorite places to hang out. I went to Barnes and noble today and saw him. My first instinct was to turn and run and I did exactly that! Did not even give him a chance to see me! We both gained a lot of weight during the marriage and each lost a lot right before we split. I gained a few pounds back of what I've lost but I'm still smaller than what I was when we got divorced. He was huge. He was bigger than what he was at his biggest when he was with me. It's not because I miss him and want him back is why it upset me so bad, I'm still just not ready to face him.

The Beav

No comments:

Post a Comment