Monday, July 26, 2010

AH HA!!!

So yeah, figured out the root of the negativity on the way to the grocery store and then proved to her that what I had on my list was about $40 less than what would normally be spent on junk and crap. Yay veggies!

I am taking Thor to the vet on Saturday. I avoid really taking him to the vet, unless he needed it of course, because he bites everyone...like everyone! I always give the standard warning to all vets, but the fact that he is so pretty and soft no one listens. He is cranky and pissy and will bite, ask Gracie haha. So, yeah we are going to an all cat vet, which is supposed to lessen the anxiety and be better? We shall see. Oh, but the reason I'm taking him to the vet is because...well, how to explain this other than he is obsessively grooming. Like grooming to the point of having bald spots. *Tap tap tapping my foot* OK Gracie....stop laughing now! My poor precious angel. There's no redness or irritation, nothing bad, no scratching, just too much licking and cleaning. Along with the obsessive cleaning comes lots of hairballs, he's already small as it is he doesn't need to be bulimic for crying out loud! So yeah, Saturday morning we will see if this new vet works or not. I can soooo still tell that she's laughing, and I wonder why he is the way he is!

Ok I'm t-ired. I waited around all day with a friend of mine from class to assist in a removal of 5 kids under the age of 9. It was my co-worker, another worker with 2 people in her car, and me with my friend from BSD class in my car, oh and 2 SAPD officers. I had one kid, my co-worker had 2, and the other worker had 2. This was my first removal where we actually had to take the kids out of the house and move them to a shelter (not a scary place, I saw the place it's actually really nice) I talked to the kid that rode with us the whole way and he was OK with what was happening. Then when we got to the shelter the little ones my co-worker had fell asleep on the ride so I carried one around until she woke up. It's kinda heart wrenching but I know they are in a good place and away from what was harming them before. What a day, and it's only Monday.

As Always,

The Beaverhausen

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how heart wrenching it really is. It breaks my heart looking into a child's eyes and seeing older-than-they-should- be eyes staring back at me like they've seen things they never should have at that age. Makes me want to pummel the adults responsible for aging them like that... Hopefully those children learn to overcome their past and excel in life. One can hope. I've been talking to my parents and my mom is more receptive than my dad about eating healthy right now. I say that, but he's not just going to jump on any bandwagon unless it's for real. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete