Sunday, July 11, 2010

The kitties...

I figure it's time to introduce the world to my kitties...enough with the serious posts, it's time for some giggles!

Fatty...
This is fatty, he goes by fatty-fatso, fattyboom, fattyboomaladie and pretty much even if you whisper his name he can hear it and comes running. He is an attention whore and I love him for that. He doesn't ask to be petted, he demands it! He was the first kitty I found and I've had him about 7 years now. He is the feline blanket and staggering in size, he's about 18 pounds and anyone that sees him always comments on how HUGE he is! He is a pretty impressive size. I changed his name in the last few years to Fadi, I thought it sounded more mature since he is getting older :)


Patch...
My sweet girl...she goes by Pitchy Patch, Whitchy Pitch, Patchy Pie. She comes in at around 19-20 pounds. She's large and lovely and chatty about 90% of the time. She's big mama to the 2 boys and if they mess with her too much she puts her paw down and makes them cut it out! I got her 2nd, she was at the animal shelter in Dallas, she is roughly the same age as Fatty and was brought home to be his companion because he is a HORRIBLE only cat! I'm really curious about what happened to her as a kitten because she has this shortened tail that has a crook at the end, I think it's just cute and gives her character! She purrs so loud that I can hear it through the mattress when I'm going to sleep.

Last but certainly not least...Thor (que the ominous music)


This is the evil little ninja himself. He goes by Thorabora, Thor Bor, Sacred Kitty, Bora Bora, Owww stop that, quit stalking me, and sweet angel boy. I could write about him for weeks and I know he is a personal favorite of Gracie! He is Birman, not Burmese, not Siamese. He was found in a sonic parking lot during a thunderstorm while the ex and I were taking a break from a visit to the emergency vet on a Sunday with a very unfortunately short lived dog. We were sitting there discussing the prognosis of the poor pup when I heard this horrible screaming, the car next to us backed up and there he was...a soaking wet little clump of fur. I bent down and called using the standard kitty kitty call and he ran to me and jumped in my arms. Within about the first 30 minutes of knowing him he had already scratched and bit me. If you google birman cats there is a pretty cool legend about them which is the way he got the sacred kitty name. He is soft and beautiful and people just instinctively want to pet him but he bites. Everyone gets the standard warning but few listen! I have yet to find a veterinarian that can handle him without blood loss! The difference between him and the other two is that he is mine, he tolerates everyone else but he is definitely my cat. Oh yeah, and he likes water...the first night I brought him home I was standing in the shower washing my hair with my eyes closed. I look down and there he was sitting in the tub watching me, at first I was kinda creeped out but now I'm used to it. Patch would climb all 19 pounds of her body up one of my arms to get out of the bathtub with running water, not Thor.

So there ya go, a quick intro to my babies.

The Beav

2 comments: